Request to restore access to my Kijiji account

Hello Kijiji Support Team,

I am writing to request help restoring access to my Kijiji account, registered under this email address.

I recently created this account, and when I tried to sign in through my AI assistant’s (Muse) browser to get help creating a listing, I received the message “Action restricted: You’ve been signed out due to unusual activity.” I did not know that signing in this way would trigger a block, but I understand now.

Because of this restriction I cannot sign in, so I am contacting you from this email instead. I confirm that I am the account owner and I can provide any verification details you need.

Could you please review my account status and help me regain access?

Thank you,
Martín S,

Hello @Martin_S

Welcome to Community Connect.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand how frustrating it is to have your account flagged or your ads removed, and we appreciate the opportunity to help you resolve this.

To protect our community and ensure a safe marketplace, our security systems automatically flag accounts when session security cannot be verified. This usually happens when automated privacy tools mask your actual location. Because Kijiji relies on accurate location data to display your ads to the right local buyers, masking this information causes our system to default to deleting the ads to prevent potential fraud.

Common Tools That May Cause This Issue:

 - Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) or proxy software
 - Any software or service that blocks your identity.

 - Web browsers with built-in VPNs or extreme privacy modes (e.g., Brave Browser)

 - Mobile device settings like Apple’s "Private Relay" or private browsing location masks

 - Ad blockers, strict firewall rules, or pop-up blocking software

 - "Safe Browsing" features within certain antivirus programs

 - Outdated web browsers

Steps to Restore Your Access and Post Successfully:

1. Disable Anonymizing Software: Turn off any active VPNs, proxies, or location-blocking extensions on your device.

2. Check Auto-Reconnect: Ensure your VPN or privacy software does not have an "auto-reconnect" setting enabled, as this can silently re-engage the mask while you are browsing.

3. Verify Your Location & Browser: Reset your browser's location permissions to reflect your actual location and ensure your web browser is updated to the latest version.

4. Log In Twice: Once your settings are adjusted, please log out and log back into your Kijiji account at least twice. This registers fresh, updated security logs on our system so we can verify the change.

5. (Easiest Option) Try an Unrestricted Device: If possible, logging in from a device that does not have VPNs or heavy security software installed is often the quickest way to bypass these technical conflicts.

Once you have completed these steps and logged in twice, please reply directly to this message so our team can re-evaluate your account and help restore your access.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we work to keep Kijiji secure for everyone!