A post last week by someone called Reese Fowler - email: fowlerr03@outllok.com, cell: 226-559-7046 then: 519-617-7569 listed a 2023 Kingfisher Falcon boat for sale for $6000. I provided ¹/² the funds and there is no boat. I suspected the posting based on the price, but was assured it was correct and that the poster just wanted to unload the boat.
Any further postings by this individual should be considered highly suspect.
Falling victim to fraud is definitely not the experience we want for our users, and I understand how frustrating and concerning it can be. We’re here to help you through this difficult situation.
First and foremost, thank you for bringing this to our attention Steve. Reporting the incident is crucial, as it allows us to take immediate action and prevent others from being affected. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
I want to assure you that we take cases of fraud very seriously. Our dedicated team is trained to handle such situations and will investigate the matter thoroughly. In order to assist you further, I kindly request that you provide as much information as possible about the fraudulent activity.
So I am going to send you a DM, so you can provide me with further details regarding the incident and the scammer’s user’s information.
Hi Rob, or any other Kijiji employee looking at fraud cases. Someone is trying to rent out my house, scamming people by attempting to collect deposits from them. It’s my house, I’m the owner, it’s not for rent. Listing ID 1742093561. Please take the add. I’ve reported the add 3 times, and it’s still up and active. Thanks!
Thank you for bringing this to our attention Todd. Unfortunately the ad is a third party partnership posting that was ported over from the Rhenti platform to us. So we will have to contact Rhenti, to have the ad removed from their platform, which will remove the ad from our platform as well.
H Rob, thanks for getting back to me. The add was taken down, but then reappeared this afternoon. I’d really like to get rid of the add permanently, it’s really concerning that this is continuing to happen. Rhenti doesn’t answer my calls. Please continue to work to get rid of this add asap. Thanks!
Todd