Join the conversation on scam prevention and fraud awareness. Learn how to spot online scams, protect your account, and buy and sell safely on Kijiji.
I am hoping someone from Kijiji can guide me on how to report an advertiser in this situation.
I found a room for rent through Kijiji and communicated with the advertiser regarding renting the room as I am a student. We discussed and finalised the rental terms, including the move-in date and rent.
The advertiser then sent me a lease agreement to sign. I signed and returned the lease in good faith, believing that the room had been secured for me.
I was prepared to make the required payment, but the advertiser had not yet provided his account details despite me asking for them. Before I could make the payment, I was informed that the room had been rented to someone else.
I am now in a difficult situation as I had stopped searching for alternative accommodation because I believed the arrangement had been finalised.
I have saved the complete Kijiji message history, the lease agreement, and all subsequent communications. However, the original Kijiji listing has now disappeared, and I can no longer access the normal “Report Ad” option. I am also unable to locate the advertiser’s profile or listing.
Could someone please advise me how I can formally report this advertiser to Kijiji’s Trust & Safety team when the original ad is no longer available?