I have been signed out due to "Unusual Activity" shortly after vreating my account. What do I do now?

Hello,

I was logged out of my Kijiji account with the following message:
“Restricted action - You have been logged out due to unusual activity.”

I haven’t done anything unusual on my end, and I would like to understand why my account was blocked and regain access as quickly as possible.

Account information:

  • Email associated with the account: afef5477@gmail.com
  • Username: Afef Slimani
  • Approximate date/time of block: today

Thank you for your help.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing some account issues Afef, I can certainly look into the cause. I will send you a DM, so we can proceed with the troubleshooting process.

Same thing happened to me. Came back after an absence and needed to reset password. apparently that was a suspicious activity. I’m trying hard to use this platform but it’s fighting me.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing some account issues, I can certainly look into the cause, I will send you a DM, so we can proceed with the troubleshooting process.

Hello,

I was logged out of my Kijiji account with the following message:
“Restricted action - You have been logged out due to unusual activity.”

I haven’t done anything unusual on my end, and I would like to understand why my account was blocked and regain access as quickly as possible.

Email: Rosbiperez@gmail.com

Username: Rosbihdv

Hi @Rosbihdv

Thank you for reaching out regarding your Kijiji account.

Our records indicate that your account has not been used in several months, or longer and may have been compromised and become vulnerable to be used for fraudulent activity.

While this may appear to have originated on Kijiji, it is typically the result of external data breaches where login credentials are exposed.

You may wish to check whether your email or password has been involved in a known data breach by visiting “Have I Been Pwned.” Please note that recently discovered breaches may take time to appear.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of these incidents and to protect both you and the wider Kijiji community, the account has been permanently suspended.

Accounts that have been inactive for an extended period or compromised in this way cannot be restored under any circumstances.

To continue using Kijiji, you will need to create a new account using a different email address:

[ How to Register on Kijiji - How-To Guides & Tutorials - Community Connect ]

Before doing so, we strongly recommend the following:

* Ensure you are using the latest version of the Kijiji app or your web browser

* Use a secure device that supports current software updates

* Create a strong, unique password that is not used on any other platform

If you have experienced similar issues more than once, it may be advisable to have your device checked for malware, unauthorized software, or network vulnerabilities.

We understand this situation is frustrating and sincerely regret any inconvenience it has caused. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in helping us maintain a safe marketplace.

Hello,

I was logged out of my Kijiji account with the following message:
“Restricted action - You have been logged out due to unusual activity.”

I haven’t done anything unusual on my end, and I would like to understand why my account was blocked and regain access as quickly as possible.

Account information:

Email associated with the account: alicia.mandy19@gmail.com
Username: alicia 1
Approximate date/time of block: today
Thank you for your help.

Our records indicate that your account has not been used in several months, or longer and may have been compromised and become vulnerable to be used for fraudulent activity. While this may appear to have originated on Kijiji, it is typically the result of external data breaches where login credentials are exposed. You may wish to check whether your email or password has been involved in a known data breach by visiting “Have I Been Pwned.” Please note that recently discovered breaches may take time to appear. Unfortunately, due to the nature of these incidents and to protect both you and the wider Kijiji community, the account has been permanently suspended. Accounts that have been inactive for an extended period or compromised in this way cannot be restored under any circumstances.

To continue using Kijiji, you will need to create a new account using a different email address: [https://help.kijiji.ca/helpdesk/basics/how-do-i-register\] Before doing so, we strongly recommend the following: * Ensure you are using the latest version of the Kijiji app or your web browser * Use a secure device that supports current software updates * Create a strong, unique password that is not used on any other platform * Make sure you are not using a VPN or other forms of Privacy Protections when creating your new account. If you have experienced similar issues more than once, it may be advisable to have your device checked for malware, unauthorized software, or network vulnerabilities. For additional guidance on staying safe online, please visit: [https://help.kijiji.ca/helpdesk/safety/suspicious-emails](https://help.kijiji.ca/helpdesk/safety/suspicious-emails) We understand this situation is frustrating and sincerely regret any inconvenience it has caused. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in helping us maintain a safe marketplace.